“I want you to tell me about every person you’ve ever been in love with. Tell me why you loved them, then tell me why they loved you. Tell me about a day in your life you didn’t think you’d live through. Tell me what the word ‘home’ means to you and tell me in a way that I’ll know your mother’s name just by the way you describe your bed room when you were 8. See, I wanna know the first time you felt the weight of hate and if that day still trembles beneath your bones. Do you prefer to play in puddles of rain or bounce in the bellies of snow? And if you were to build a snowman, would you rip two branches from a tree to build your snowman arms? Or would you leave the snowman armless for the sake of being harmless to the tree? And if you would, would you notice how that tree weeps for you because your snowman has no arms to hug you every time you kiss him on the cheek? Do you kiss your friends on the cheek? Do you sleep beside them when they’re sad, even if it makes your lover mad? Do you think that anger is a sincere emotion or just the timid motion of a fragile heart trying to beat away its pain? See, I wanna know what you think of your first name. And if you often lie awake at night and imagine your mother’s joy when she spoke it for the very first time. I want you tell me all the ways you’ve been unkind. Tell me all the ways you’ve been cruel. I wanna know what you see when you look in the mirror on a day you’re feeling good. I wanna know what you see in the mirror on a day a day you’re feeling bad. I wanna know the first person who ever taught you your beauty could ever be reflected on a lousy piece of glass. If you ever reach enlightenment, will you remember how to laugh? Have you ever been a song? Would you think less of me if I told you I have lived my entire life a little off key.”
1. What is more difficult for you, looking into someones eyes when you are telling someone how you feel, or looking into someones eyes when they are telling you how they feel?
2. Think of the last time you were REALLY angry. WHY were you angry? Do you still feel the same way?
3. You are on a flight from Honolulu to Chicago non-stop. There is a fire in the back of the plane. You have enough time to make ONE phone call. Who do you call? What do you tell them?
4. You are at the doctor’s office and he has just informed you that you have approximately one month to live. Do you tell anyone/everyone you are going to die? What do you do with your remaining days? Would you be afraid?
5. You can have one of the following two things. Which do you choose? Why? Love and Trust.
6. You are walking down the street on your way to work. There is a dog drowning in the canal on the side of the street. Your boss has told you if you are late even once more, you are fired. Do you take the time to save the dogs life? Why or Why not?
7. Would you rather be hurt by the one you trust the most or the one you love the most?
8. Your best friend confesses that he/she has feelings for you more than just friendship. He/she is falling in love with you. What do you (or did you) do/say?
9. Think of the last person who you know that died. You have the chance to give them 1 hour of life back, but you have to give up one year of yours. Do you do it? Why or Why not?
10. Are you the kind of friend that you would want to have as a friend?
11. Does love = sex?
12.Your boss tells your coworker that they have to let them go because of work shortage, and they are the newest employee. You have been there much longer. Your coworker has a family to support and no other means of income. Do you go to your boss and offer to leave the company? Why or Why not?
13.When was the last time you told someone HONESTLY how you felt regardless of how difficult it was for you to say? Who was it? What did you have to tell the person?
14. What would be (or what was) harder for you to tell a member of the opposite sex, you love them or that you do not love them back?
15. What do you think would be the hardest thing for you to give up? Why would it be hard to lose?
16. Excluding romantic love, when was the last time you told someone you loved them. Who were they to you?
17. If there was one moment and one time in the last month what would you change and why?
18.Imagine it is a dark night, you are alone, it is raining outside, you hear someone walking around outside your window. WHO do you wish was there with you?
19. Would you give a homeless person CPR if they were dying? Why or Why not?
21.You are holding onto your grandmother’s hand and the hand of a newborn that you do not know as they hang over the edge of a cliff. You have to let one go to save the other. Who do you let fall to their death? What was your rationale for making the decision?
22. Are you old fashioned?
23. When was the last time you were nice to someone and did NOT expect anything in return for it?
24.Which would you choose, true love with a guarantee of a broken heart, or never loved at all? Why?
25.If you could do anything or wish anything, what would it be?
Ask someone if they’ve ever felt loved, and when they can’t answer, and when they stare at you with eyes bleeding the black of their pupils over their cheeks, tell them that love isn’t everything, and tell them to focus on their career and tell them someone will come and find them, and tell them to have hope for something they don’t even know exists, besides that deep crevice carved and eroded in their chest that aches when they breathe too sharply or exhale too slow; like they were born with a piece missing they can’t figure out or find or fix, and they’re standing with open hands waiting for it the make sense — but it never does and the feeling grows until it consumes them. Ask someone if they’ve ever felt loved and when the can’t even say ‘no, never’, without the words quivering in their lungs and their bones shivering like you just thrust your hand through their ribs and squeezed their entirety in you fist, and tell them, ‘one day’.
Lately, I find myself thinking about the worse possible situations about a relationship. I’ve grown so accustom to pain that everything just feels numb in my body. Yes, it freaking hurts me like shit and makes me want to stab the person who hurt me in the eye… but what stops me is the fact that I care for them so much.
I’m not a person of regret. I try to live life to the fullest and try to feel optimistic about every event that occurs in my life. However, one mistake turned me into a devil. It was like as if I had sucked the innocent soul out of that person. I’ve never regretted something so much in my life. And I hate myself to the bones for it.
Love makes you do stupid things and without even realising it.
“There are varying degrees of jealousy. You don’t have to be a psycho who wants to hack into their email to experience moments of insecurity in your relationship. But know this: The insecurity and jealousy will shock you. You’ll have no idea you had the capacity to feel so unsure until you care so much about someone.”—
If you’re in one of those relationships that forces you to sacrifice parts of yourself, you WILL grow to resent them, even without realizing it. Because no matter how in love you are, if there’s a growing gap in the relationship, if you’re never being met halfway, all the orgasms in the world won’t stop you from feeling like you’ve been given a crappy deal. BECAUSE YOU HAVE.